11/06/20Covid-19 Update – Reopening from 15th June
We are delighted to confirm that we are able to start the phased reopening of the practice from Monday 15th June by appointment only.
Routine eye examinations remain suspended but the criteria for essential eye care has been expanded. With life returning to a new normal including going back to work, we are likely to be undertaking more vision-dependent tasks. If you have any visual issues which are affecting your day to day function, you are welcome to call us and we can assess whether we can help under the revised essential eye care criteria.
For our retail services, you are now also able to visit the practice by appointment.
It is our utmost priority that the practice is Covid-secure and with this in mind we must prepare you for a slightly different experience.
How this affects you
- Please call us before you visit the practice so that we can assess your needs on the phone. We can then arrange a suitable time for you to come in as necessary. If you are regarded by the NHS as vulnerable or extremely vulnerable please let us know when you call.
- The day before your visit, we will call you to run through a Covid-19 health questionnaire and if relevant take a history and symptoms. This will allow us to reduce contact time the following day and prepare in advance to be as efficient as possible.
- We ask you to attend the practice unaccompanied, unless you need care or assistance. Unfortunately we do not have enough space for friends or family to wait in the practice.
- We may test your temperature and sense of smell on arrival, in particular if an extended examination is required.
- We ask you to be on time but not early for your appointment as we have limited safe waiting space. If you do arrive early, please stay in your car and give us a call. We will let you know when you can come in.
- You will be required to wear a face covering at all times within the practice. This can be a scarf, a cloth or disposable mask. We can supply a disposable mask if necessary.
- On arrival we will ask you to wash and/or sanitise your hands. Facilities will be provided.
- Expect to see the staff wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment. This will vary depending on the job they are doing and the extent of contact.
- Frame selection will be supervised and your selection will be placed on a tray for you to try. This is to ensure each frame is thoroughly sanitised before being returned to the shelf.
- Please be ready to pay using contactless or over the phone. If you do need to pay by card we will sanitise the card reader between uses.
- You may like to bring a book or magazine to use as part of the examination or glasses fitting. This is so you have some text to read which will not need to be handled by staff.
Our mission is now to provide exemplary eye care in a Covid-safe environment and this is the first step. We look forward to welcoming you back with these new measures and will continue to keep you informed as updates occur. Sending you all our best wishes, continue to stay well and take care.
Claudine, Joseph and the team