06/03/20Coronavirus – Patient Notice
Coronavirus or COVID 19 is on everyone’s minds at the moment.
The government’s Coronavirus action plan includes a 4-stage strategy to contain, delay, research and mitigate.
We all need to consider what we can do to help contain and delay the spread of the Coronavirus.
What everyone can do to help:
- If you have travelled to a gov.uk Category 1 affected area in the last 14 days, even if you do not have symptoms, please defer any visits to our practice.
- If you are showing any relevant symptoms of coronavirus such as coughs, fever or breathing difficulties, follow the government advice.
- Ensure you are following government advice on hand washing.
In the current circumstances, we are trying to avoid overcrowding in the practice. You can help us by doing the following:
- If you need any adjustments or repairs to your spectacles, please phone us on 01243 532080 in advance to book an appointment
- If you need to collect glasses, please ensure that you have an appointment
- Pay with Apple or Android pay or contactless payments to reduce the use of cash
- If you need to order contact lenses, we can have them sent directly to your home address
What we are doing as a practice:
We always maintain a high degree of hygiene in the practice and at this time we are even more vigilant. This includes:
- All staff are following gold standards on regular hand washing and disinfecting surfaces
- Ensuring hand washing facilities and antibacterial gel is available to all clients
- Where possible, we will provide separate and additional seating for clients waiting for their appointments to reduce crowding
If we all do our best to contain the virus, we are optimistic that everything should get back to normal soon!